Putting the Pieces Together: integrating cognitive processes for speech, language, literacy and executive functioning
Numerous cognitive processes are involved in learning. Weakness in one or all of these areas can greatly affect a child’s ability to learn and succeed academically. Tera Sumpter's cognitive processing model offers a new integrated and comprehensive approach to assessment and treatment for children with learning disabilities.
The executive functioning control system plays a critical role in the overall learning process as the all-encompassing regulatory system of cognition. In this virtual seminar, you will learn about the various executive functioning skills, their role in the learning process, means to assess them, and a 4-step process to executive functioning intervention.
1. The participants will be able to explain the different subsets of the cognitive processing model and how they are integrated.
2. The participants will be able to determine the cognitive processing systems related to literacy development.
3. The participants will be able to communicate the role that executive functions play in the learning process.
4. The participants will be able to explain the 4-step process to executive functioning intervention.
Tera Sumpter, M.A., CCC-SLP is the founder and speech-language pathologist at Seeds of Learning, LLC in Lakewood, Ohio where she specializes in pediatric learning disabilities. She offers assessments and treatment based on her cognitive processing model. Tera lectures nation-wide on her integrative cognitive processing model, literacy and executive functioning for speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, school districts, hospital systems, private practices and parent groups.
A certificate of completion will be emailed to each participant following the completion of a short quiz. This certificate can be retained for your records as certificate maintenance hours (CMHs). These hours count towards your required continuing education requirements. For more information on ASHA CMHs, see https://www.asha.org/siteassets/uploadedFiles/certification/CertRecordKeepingForm.pdf
TIME: 1:00-4:00 p.m. Eastern standard time
WHERE: Zoom (link will be emailed to participants the week before the seminar)
COST: $85 via Venmo or PayPal
QUESTIONS: feel free to email Tera at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Send $85 to Venmo @SeedsofLearningLLC or PayPal (PayPal.Me/terasumpter or use email email@example.com). A receipt will be emailed to you for your records.